HEADBANGERZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Getting Ahead - The Master Plan!!

Go down 
+3
metalheadbhat
manufredy
Medhavin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Medhavin
Admin
Medhavin

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Getting Ahead - The Master Plan!! Empty
PostSubject: Getting Ahead - The Master Plan!!   Getting Ahead - The Master Plan!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 1:28 pm

Continiung with my last post about getting moving... Here are my ideas on what our Rock club can do to promote Rock on the campus and get on with its mission after we have garnered our members..

Broadly, we may divide our activities in two different categories...

• On Campus Activities
  • Off Campus Activities

Both are equally important in thier own league. However, initially we will have to focus on the On campus stuff so as to be able to divert a large chunk of our member base to the off campus activities..

Lets see what we can do..

On Campus Activities

1. Weekly get-togethers

To discuss anything and everything 'Rock'... Lets just say.. Brainstorming!!

Mech Canteen... Wednesday lunch time would be fine...

2. Lessons/Classes

Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Bass Guitar, Keyboard, Drums, other instruments..

Digital music composition via software like Fruity Loops, Guitar Pro, etc..

Initially... we'll have to begin with our own people... Later on... or if possible, then even earlier.. we can call people from the Delhi rock circuit... These may be amateur band members.. music schools who might wish to publicise themselves..

OAT or Convo or even Class rooms... Thursday evenings will do...

3. Contests

They may be related to quizzing about Rock.. speaking about Rock.. Articles... etc..

Can be had along with our weekly get-togethers..

4. Talent Hunts

Song writing, Vocals, Instruments, Digital music... etc..

Maybe... once a fortnight... OAT, Convo, Class rooms...

5. Monthly Rock Journal

Must include stuff about our activities over the month... about the Delhi rock scene... and the 'actual' big stuff like reviews, top-10, latest releases, biographies, etc..

This needs a dedicated team of people. Won't take much time though... Creativity would be the mantra...

The articles obtained from the contests could be used in here...

6. Hostel Activities

Maybe... Fortnightly headbanging sessions!! LR guys can take the lead for the next sem.

This is crucial since most of our member base will be from the hostels..

7. Information

Its important that we inform our members about the actual Rock scene out there in the town.. So whatever data you muster... make it a point to pass that on..

The forum is there... maybe we can also use the notice board outside the mech canteen..

Off Campus Activities

1. Monthly trips to the Rock gigs

Irrespective of what we do in the college.. feel to bahar pe aayegi...

Make it a point to have atleast one visit to the gigs per month as a club.

2. Visit the college fests

The DU festival season is just up ahead... We people can go there together...

3. Visits the Recording studios

We can request some studios for guided tours of their facilities... Might just click.. LR might want to pitch in with their contacts..

Use this opportunity as a prize in our contests and talent hunts

4. Visit the jammings

We can always request other amateur bands to allow us to watch their jamming.. Once again.. LR esp. Manu can use their contacts..

Just as in the previous point.. use this as a prize.. (Yeah... We'll have other prizes too...)

5. Visit the Rock Concerts

Go as a group.. This would be costly... But.. once in a while is just fine!!

Waise bhi Delhi mein bahut kam international bands aate hain... Embarassed

6. Visit the stores

We can always go and visit the umpteen good stores spread all over Delhi and the NCR.. just to check in the latest 'Maal'...

Its not a bad idea to have some knowledge on this front...

Personally... Brands like Tama, Ibanez, Korg, Zildjian can be quite inspiring... Get the 'Feel'!!

Additionally... We can help our members in case they want to purchase stuff...

That is all I could come up with... as far as 'Regular' activities are concerned...

However... for our eventual motto... "A Gig A Month".. we'll have to proceed strategically... We'll have to build up a strong foundation (as mentioned above) and some basic goodwill to get onto the next step...

Guys... I want you to comment on this one.. Lets see if we can finetune this further... Hope to get some innovative ideas..

Rock on!! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://justbeingmyselfmyway.blogspot.com
manufredy
Lucid Reality Member
manufredy

Number of posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: Getting Ahead - The Master Plan!!   Getting Ahead - The Master Plan!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 1:50 pm

abbey its all pretty well planned out.. But some of it isnt feasible.. Like a jam session in our hostel in front of the public (large amount) wouldnt be possible.. there isnt much space and equipment to regularly keep doing that.. Plus a guitar session in canteen during lunch seems pretty far-fetched too.. on the daily basis i mean.. Plus any outside band wouldnt want a bunch of strangers coming to their Jam sessions.. Waise bhi I don't have that much contacts.! We can take ppl to the rec studio in case we do any recording but taking them exclusively for studio trips again sounds challenging.. the studio owners are a bit busy and would surely find it unprofitable to allow a bunch of amateurs a trip to their precious rooms...
this is what I feel.. Give ur comments,,..
Back to top Go down
Medhavin
Admin
Medhavin

Number of posts : 36

PostSubject: Re: Getting Ahead - The Master Plan!!   Getting Ahead - The Master Plan!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 1:59 pm

manufredy wrote:
Like a jam session in our hostel in front of the public (large amount) wouldnt be possible.. there isnt much space and equipment to regularly keep doing that..

As I said... Fortnightly...

manufredy wrote:
Plus a guitar session in canteen during lunch seems pretty far-fetched too.. on the daily basis i mean..

Once again.... This is just for the first week PR part... A couple of times maybe... Not more than that..

manufredy wrote:
Plus any outside band wouldnt want a bunch of strangers coming to their Jam sessions.. Waise bhi I don't have that much contacts.!

If possible and convenient... then... I'm sure we can get something out of this...

manufredy wrote:
We can take ppl to the rec studio in case we do any recording but taking them exclusively for studio trips again sounds challenging.. the studio owners are a bit busy and would surely find it unprofitable to allow a bunch of amateurs a trip to their precious rooms...

I'm sure we can work out something mutual with the studios... It would be once in a while.. say.. something like once in 6 months... And with a very few ppl... I don't think that would be a problem..
Back to top Go down
http://justbeingmyselfmyway.blogspot.com
manufredy
Lucid Reality Member
manufredy

PostSubject: Re: Getting Ahead - The Master Plan!!   Getting Ahead - The Master Plan!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 2:07 pm

we would obviously try..!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
metalheadbhat
metalheadbhat

Number of posts : 81

PostSubject: Re: Getting Ahead - The Master Plan!!   Getting Ahead - The Master Plan!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 12:49 pm

may b i can handle the monthly rock journal stuff (obvsly wud make it edit by snrs lik manu sir) n ya i can also conduct a workshop on guitar for the beginners only..... cz according to me all those who get intrested in guitar get in rock if given sum exposure. i hav a lot of live xmples.
Back to top Go down
manufredy
Lucid Reality Member
manufredy

PostSubject: Re: Getting Ahead - The Master Plan!!   Getting Ahead - The Master Plan!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 12:58 pm

Yeah Sure..!! u re the man!! Fr tht rock journal stuff..!1 And fr guitar workshop..!! U plat that "rooh" song of urs..!! Ppl gonna take up guitar learning blindly..! then take them slowly into the realms of heavenly rock and roll!! Smile
Back to top Go down
akash
Lucid Reality Member
akash

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: Getting Ahead - The Master Plan!!   Getting Ahead - The Master Plan!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 6:09 pm

goin to gigs together seems to b a cool stuff..
can go 2 pubs n college fest.. but in all we need 2 attract more n more people 2 join us .. for that 2 -3 performances can b an attractive thing in the college..
Back to top Go down
Sam
Sam

Number of posts : 66

PostSubject: Re: Getting Ahead - The Master Plan!!   Getting Ahead - The Master Plan!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 1:26 am

ur th band member...!!!....n th goin to gigs thing is an awsum idea...like a field trip...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kurtcobain
kurtcobain

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Getting Ahead - The Master Plan!!   Getting Ahead - The Master Plan!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 12:39 pm

AM in for Weekly journal...if you say so?
Back to top Go down
slash

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Getting Ahead - The Master Plan!!   Getting Ahead - The Master Plan!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 10:59 pm

count me in for the journal thing...the rock quiz is a good idea..we could give out original cd's(again the feel factor),posters or t shirts (can be easily arranged) as prizes...between, i am varun jain .2nd year ece Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sam
Sam

Number of posts : 66

PostSubject: Re: Getting Ahead - The Master Plan!!   Getting Ahead - The Master Plan!! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 1:01 pm

hey is nethin happenin fr this comm...im not a hosteler so ive got no freakin clue as of wat is hapenin....keep this forum updated wth ur nite meetings ppl....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting Ahead - The Master Plan!!   Getting Ahead - The Master Plan!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting Ahead - The Master Plan!!
Page 1 of 1