HEADBANGERZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jumpstarting - The master plan!!

Go down 
+7
Sam
ashish.mendi
Krammer
maneetgohil
akash
manufredy
Medhavin
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Medhavin
Admin
Medhavin

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Jumpstarting - The master plan!! Empty
PostSubject: Jumpstarting - The master plan!!   Jumpstarting - The master plan!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 6:17 pm

All right then... On public demand.. presenting the first draft of the proposed roadmap...

Step 1

Come up with the concept

Manu, Akash and you people have already done that...

Step 2

Come up with the initial members

Done to some extent... Try to get in the maximum number before the next semester

Step 3

Have a brainstorming session with the members and come out with a name and a mission statement.

Name - I have coined this temporary one until you people get to something concrete

Mission Statement - Spread the rock culture on the campus and aim for 'A Gig A Month'

Step 4

Come up with stuff to impress the prospective members

Website - Done.. Keep posting and generate better content. Plus get in people to join in. The target is atleast 5 threads per forum and atleast 100 members before July 31st. That will do to make the website presentable.

Influences - We have LR and Harmonic Progression who I am sure would be glad enough to be our 'face'... Very Happy

Step 5

Draft a text on what all we plan to do to realize our vision.

Well... This needs more discussion. I'll propose the following activities.

1. Weekly get-togethers in college
2. Fortnightly trips to the rock dens
3. Lessons
4. Contests
5. Talent hunts
6. A monthly rock journal of DCE
7. Help in getting good discounts at stores and music schools
8. A chance to meet the members of Delhi bands

I want you people to add stuff to this list. Don't worry about the feasibility of the same at this stage. We need the ideas for the future too..

Once we are clear with this step, we need to document it as our eventual statement

I propose a general meeting of the headbangerz Twisted Evil on July 31st to finalize our plans and delegate the responsibilities..

Step 6

Unleash one hell of a publicity drive

Our target potentials will be the first years (for their ignorance of the pathetic scene that actually exists in here Evil or Very Mad )

Then the second years, the third years and eventually the fourth years. We may try for M.E. students too

1. Posters

I'll chip in with the design for the same. We will go in for the A-3 xeroxes. A-4 are too small. The very first day of the session, we need to have these put up in a very dominating way Twisted Evil in every possible nook and corner of the campus with reserves in store in case some lunatic takes them off..

We'll be needing money for this. The initial members will have to chip in with contributions.

The posters need to convey the existence of our club, our mission, Date + Time + Venue of the club orientation. Plus they have to be pretty cool!! pirat Ideas awaited...

2. C2C Campaign

This will be the most important step. Posters have their use but only to an extent. In order to make the 'real n lasting' impression... we need to go for the class to class campaigns.

We can divide up ourselves in groups and then proceed on with this step. Should begin on August 2.

The purpose is to give people a real feel of "Rock". This can be accomplished by the LR & HP guys..

We need to make this very interactive. Ideas awaited...

Simultaneously, we will pass on membership sheets on which the students can put in their details (Name, Roll No, E Mail ID, Contact No.).. The responsibility of handling the same may be given to a particular student of each class..

This will not only give us a fair idea of what number are we targeting but will also be essential for the officialization process. Additionally, it will be of extreme importance when we go in for the sponsorship drive...

3. SMS campaign

Divert people onto our website

4. Internet Campaign

E Mails, Scraps, Forums, Blogs, Communities, Groups, anything and everything... Inform people about our existence.. our mission and divert them to our website..

5. The Surprise Package

This may include interactive discussions in the canteen... a guitar session.. etc..

Ideas awaited..

I hope that will give you a fair bit of idea about what sort of effort is required to get going... If we get this PR drive going acc to the plan... I assure you... We will be creating history!!

Step 7

The First Meeting

Well... It will eventually come to this... It has to be in the beginning of the second week.. OAT probably.. Or Convo if we do manage to get that (which is easy!!)

In here... we need to be present in full strength.. The complete concept.. the mission.. the ideas.. everything... People need to be inspired... big time... Let them know of the actual scene... the scene out there in DU and the rest of Delhi... Instigate them.... pirat

We might have to call in more than a single meeting to cater to the Day Scholars and Hostellers alike..

We can have a live jam in this meeting to give the people a much needed 'Feel'. We can also invite some Delhi band to do the inspitational part... Manu might want to help here!!! bounce

Its here that we let people know what we mean... Membership fee (which needs to be discussed and finalized) will be let known.. On the spot registrations for the club..

With this money... I propose to get each member a T shirt (Yeah... Our own customised one!!)

The rest will go into a fund to be used for buying equippment... our monthly magazine... publicity drives... get togethers.. etc..

The T shirt will serve two purposes. Firstly.. it will kindaa make us a cult.. kindaa different from the rest of the crowd... which will further serve as a publicity effort... Secondly... it will be a good impression on our prospective sponsors...

Once we are done with all this and have zeroed down on our eventual members... The drive is smooth ahead... Its going to be the stuff I mentioned above...

Thats the jumpstart!!! Very Happy

What say guys!!! Up for the challenge?? Twisted Evil Cheers... To rock!!!

Last edited by Medhavin on Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://justbeingmyselfmyway.blogspot.com
manufredy
Lucid Reality Member
manufredy

Number of posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: Jumpstarting - The master plan!!   Jumpstarting - The master plan!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 9:20 pm

well..!! thats one hell of a manager we have..!! I am with u mate..!!! cheers Till 30th lets get the PR drive coming.. Informing ppl abt the site.. After that lets meet up on 31st and discuss stuff..! Whr r the 2nd yr-ites btw!!?!? (Kaha gaye be!?!?)
Back to top Go down
akash
Lucid Reality Member
akash

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: Jumpstarting - The master plan!!   Jumpstarting - The master plan!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 10:21 pm

hell lot of steps.. but could b simpler if.. we participate..
yes man.. where r 2nd yrs...
Back to top Go down
maneetgohil
maneetgohil

Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: Jumpstarting - The master plan!!   Jumpstarting - The master plan!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 11:05 pm

ohh rok gawd...dis man is god....gr8 effrt md sir....

v 2nd yahi hai kadam kadam pe aapke sath...dnt worry...

a lot of hw for us...for nw v shud try 2 divrt fachhas 2 dis site...n make dem feel wat shud b dere contribution...

rock god luvs us...
jai metalhead ki...
Back to top Go down
Krammer
Krammer

Number of posts : 58

PostSubject: Re: Jumpstarting - The master plan!!   Jumpstarting - The master plan!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 11:12 pm

A master('s) plan indeed!

Yes, getting the first years involved is one major aim.
I've started with directing people to the forum.
Have to go a long way though!

May Rock rule!!

\m/
Back to top Go down
http://sixfeetclosertoheaven.blogspot.com
ashish.mendi

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Jumpstarting - The master plan!!   Jumpstarting - The master plan!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 11:55 pm

yeah v 2nd yrs are here only.
btw one helluva master plan(altho a repitition but cudnt stop myself from praising this commandable job)
Back to top Go down
Sam
Sam

Number of posts : 66

PostSubject: Re: Jumpstarting - The master plan!!   Jumpstarting - The master plan!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 1:03 am

the T-shirt thing sounds real cool...but i guess ...we shudnt bring this up untill we can decide th permament name of th society/club.....

the monthly journal thing is an awsum idea ..spcly to those guys who dont hav access to an internet connection....

th part whr u mentiond bout th interactive meeting in th cnteen after whch u mentioned th guitar session im assuming this is too in th canteen...this wud be a really gud publicity stunt...

besides posting posters on notice boards n oder places...itd be gud if we gave out hand-outs too...

thts all i hav to say fr noww...... Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Nimish
Nimish

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Jumpstarting - The master plan!!   Jumpstarting - The master plan!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 3:58 am

HaiL Moambo!!!!!!

gr8 effort frm u all.....................ll give my best effort............

StaY aLive!!!!!! sTay BlesseD!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
metalheadbhat
metalheadbhat

Number of posts : 81

PostSubject: Re: Jumpstarting - The master plan!!   Jumpstarting - The master plan!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 12:58 pm

the shrt concept sounds gr8 (but v hav to first think 'the' name of our club) cz this will lure a lot of fuchchhas n will make dem feel spcl.
Back to top Go down
Sam
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Jumpstarting - The master plan!!   Jumpstarting - The master plan!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 2:19 pm

thts wat i said...Neutral
Back to top Go down
maneetgohil
maneetgohil

Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: Jumpstarting - The master plan!!   Jumpstarting - The master plan!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 3:56 pm

manu sir n md sir...ye naam naam kya khel rahe hai itne dino se...u ppl r snrs....start a poll immidiately wid few of d bst names...n decide it
Back to top Go down
akash
Lucid Reality Member
akash

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: Jumpstarting - The master plan!!   Jumpstarting - The master plan!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 6:04 pm

lets fix the name...
but deciding the name could b a togh one.. coz manu n me had already faced it naming our band.. so all u guys .. come up wid ur name
Back to top Go down
Sam
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Jumpstarting - The master plan!!   Jumpstarting - The master plan!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 1:28 am

th shirt is gonna be black...ye to pata hai....hey how bout we make badges...tht'd be cool.....but i hav no idea how much they'll cost ...we can make those super small 1's...th 1s whch are th size of a coin.....
Back to top Go down
Kshitij_Keys
Lucid Reality Member
Kshitij_Keys

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Jumpstarting - The master plan!!   Jumpstarting - The master plan!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 6:49 pm

Nice Forum...! Medhavin sir....ur surely doing management affraid ...Decide the names fast.a poll would do gr8.!
Back to top Go down
metalheadbhat
metalheadbhat

PostSubject: Re: Jumpstarting - The master plan!!   Jumpstarting - The master plan!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 7:39 pm

saale sharam aani chahiye tuje... itni late aaya hai yahaan? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Kshitij_Keys
Lucid Reality Member
Kshitij_Keys

Number of posts : 32

PostSubject: Re: Jumpstarting - The master plan!!   Jumpstarting - The master plan!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 8:00 pm

lol....dude was doing a summer job this time.....time hi nahin tha online aane ka zyada...so dint get to know....i guess sumanto to is still not here...!
Back to top Go down
metalheadbhat
metalheadbhat

PostSubject: Re: Jumpstarting - The master plan!!   Jumpstarting - The master plan!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 8:10 pm

usne b aaj hi join kiya
Back to top Go down
kurtcobain
kurtcobain

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: Jumpstarting - The master plan!!   Jumpstarting - The master plan!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 12:34 pm

Its a task in itself indeed...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jumpstarting - The master plan!!   Jumpstarting - The master plan!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jumpstarting - The master plan!!
Page 1 of 1