HEADBANGERZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Types...

Go down 
+3
Krammer
manufredy
Sam
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sam
Sam

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-07-22

The Types... Empty
PostSubject: The Types...   The Types... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 1:02 am

okay..so all u progg n metal addicts ...der r a million variants of rock ....lay dwn sum of whch uve heard....for example...cross ovr of pop n punk rock gives u pop punk...minus th punk will give u pop-rock..chnge th rock to metal..itll give u punk metal...whch has got sub genres like thrash metal n speed metal...whch i guess many of u guys listen to..
bands..
pop punk-Blink 182,Good charlotte,Sum 41(This 1 comes under metal also...)
pop rock-Maroon 5,The Click Five,The Jonas brothers
...post sum more stuff....
Back to top Go down
manufredy
Lucid Reality Member
manufredy

Number of posts : 75

The Types... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Types...   The Types... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 12:50 pm

Hey everyone..!! This is a nice topic.. Well, as far as my tastes are
concerned I have listened to a wide variety of music over the past 3-4
years.. Starting from new-age rock bands of the likes of linkin park (I
heard it back in 11th grade) and progressing through the likes of
nu-metal bands like system of a down, alternate rock bands like creed,
alter-bridge, a bit of punk/grunge of nirvana, greenday bit of
psychelic in floyd etc I finally found where I belonged.. I dived into
metal bands of the likes of Iron maiden, metallica, megadeth and
listened to them quite extensively. Melodious death metal followed. I
became a big fan of Children of Bodom and listened to allmost every
album, I listened to Arch Enemy quite a lot too! After these I
discovered a totally new, unexplored genre:Progressive Rock (courtesy
Karthi:decibel) and found it quite intriguing and instrumentally quite
challenging with various time signatures! (Different rhythm in a
layman's terms).. Over the past 1 year I have extensively listened to
prog bands of the likes of Dream Theater, Death, John Petrucci, Freak
kitchen, Opeth, Symphony X, Indian prog bands like Motherjane,
TAAQ...
Back to top Go down
Sam
Sam

The Types... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Types...   The Types... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 2:56 pm

progg has got to be th most listened genre in india...my tastes were same as manu's...i too strtd wth linkin park...jus tht ki tht was in 9 th grade....but i stppd at punk/pop rock stuff.... afro
Back to top Go down
manufredy
Lucid Reality Member
manufredy

The Types... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Types...   The Types... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 3:02 pm

Sam wrote:
progg has got to be th most listened genre in india...my tastes were same as manu's...i too strtd wth linkin park...jus tht ki tht was in 9 th grade....but i stppd at punk/pop rock stuff.... afro

noways mate..!! On the contrary Prog is quite a new phenomenon in INDIA.. Prog bands/listeners r quite few..
Back to top Go down
Krammer
Krammer

Number of posts : 58

The Types... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Types...   The Types... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 3:17 pm

I used to listen to Linkin' Park. Found them good. But, wasn't crazy about them ever.
Used to listen to Metallica and GnR at school.
But I really got crazy about rock and metal only after entering college.
After attending some really awesome rock shows on the Delhi Circuit, today I'm mostly into Speed/Thrash/Heavy metal (Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Judas Priest, Bodom), Classic Rock(Dire Straits, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Led Zep, Deep Purple, etc.) and a bit of Modern Rock too( Nickelback, Coldplay, Goo Goo Dolls, Creed)
Floyd, GnR and AC/DC are obviously all-time favourites.
Of late, Dream Theater has got me hooked on!(I used to find their vocalist gay earlier Laughing )
Also, people could try Apocalyptica. Its a cello based band which plays Intrumental Metal.
They cover all legendary songs and have some pretty nice OC also.

\m/
Back to top Go down
http://sixfeetclosertoheaven.blogspot.com
manufredy
Lucid Reality Member
manufredy

The Types... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Types...   The Types... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 3:18 pm

Oye.. how can I forget Pantera!!! Awesome band..!! Brutal thrash metal..!!! Amazing vocalist!! one of the best i ve heard!!
Back to top Go down
manufredy
Lucid Reality Member
manufredy

The Types... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Types...   The Types... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 5:05 pm

Sam dude..!! get some fellow punk listeners!!! So tht U have lotsa stuff to blab abt!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
harvijaydce432k7

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-07-23

The Types... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Types...   The Types... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 11:27 pm

rock for me started with avril lavigne and complicated in 7th grade......
b4 dat it was boy bands(non-sense, stopped after 5th)..but christina, jessica, mariah continued...anyways,back to rock...avril's craze still continue's...found evanescence's fallen in 9th(still holdng on)....liked linkin park but gave it up too soon.....and finally got stuck on kelly clarkson...(even more ever since "my december")....i can listen to anything by avril, amy lee and kelly clarkson..
'some of my other fav's are:
1. iris by goo goo dolls
2. in my place by coldplay
and this might be a surprise for ppl but even shakira was a rocker...when she sang in latin only...
her latin albums "pies descalzos" and "donde estan los ladrones?" are alternative rock albums which were a masterpiece....
so my 3rd and 4th favourite is " inevitable" and "sombra de ti" by shakira..

her renditions of aerosmith's "dude looks like a lady" and ACDC's "Back in Black" are great too.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.in.youtube.com/users/harvijay1001
akash
Lucid Reality Member
akash

Number of posts : 17

The Types... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Types...   The Types... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 12:37 am

started from westlife and bryan adams .. ..to symphony x, dream theater..
a long journey.. n still more to come
Back to top Go down
Sam
Sam

The Types... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Types...   The Types... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 1:08 am

ohhhh...tht can be a challenge...thr r very few listeners to bands like blink,sum,fall n stuff...most of em r into nu-rock...ill get sum fuckers....no need to wry bout tht...jus let me find thm... Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
boom
Lucid Reality Member

Number of posts : 3

The Types... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Types...   The Types... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 11:04 pm

well well.. the basic difference in the genres(wht u call type) is the difference in the feeling they generate.. u can bang your heads off and get crashed under the mosh pit when ur ears respond to the growls of COB.. on the other hand u can dream a theater when the progressive signatures are brought into play.. though alternative rockers top the popularity and sales chart..(the likes of linkin park, maroon 5 etc..) but the one which inspires me the most is psychedelic.. Pink Floyd.. the pioneer band in this genre has left some of the greatest works.. it's a progressive psychedellic rock band.. the vocals of david gilmour never fail to take you to the pinnacle of the good feel.. as they say.."pink floyd has a song for everyone.."..
among the metal bands.. the jet flying vocals of bruce dickinson make iron maiden stand out.. the dark gothic lyrics and the germane feel guitar solos by Mr.kirk hamlett creates magic for metallica..
even the saturnine songs by anathema and poets of the fall lure people.. though it's been two years since i've been venduring my rock music collection but then yen to listen to more never fades(to black..)..
so people.. choose your amrutanjan rock genre and rock on...
never 4 get it's just the genesis of your best time...
Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
manufredy
Lucid Reality Member
manufredy

The Types... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Types...   The Types... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 11:37 pm

boom wrote:
w though alternative rockers top the popularity and sales chart..(the likes of linkin park, maroon 5 etc..)
Twisted Evil

Who says linkin park, maroon 5 top the charts..!! they top the charts in INDIA..!! Dont even compare COB/DT/MAIDEN/MEGADETH's followers frm Linkin park/maroon 5's abroad.. whr ppl are into rock..!! U say this on a foreign forum and everyone's gonna kick ur ass.!!!
Back to top Go down
manufredy
Lucid Reality Member
manufredy

The Types... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Types...   The Types... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 11:40 pm

maroon 5/linkin park etc appear in RADIP MIRCHI ANGREZI TOP 20 charts!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
manufredy
Lucid Reality Member
manufredy

The Types... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Types...   The Types... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 11:43 pm

And metallica dont have gothic type vocals!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
boom
Lucid Reality Member

Number of posts : 3

The Types... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Types...   The Types... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 11:47 pm

the dark gothic lyrics
Back to top Go down
Sam
Sam

The Types... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Types...   The Types... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 11:54 pm

linkin park comes under rap rock ...same as limp bizkit,korn(yes..korn),SOAD...etc....n u knw wat progg is a fusion genre...Very Happy...
Back to top Go down
manufredy
Lucid Reality Member
manufredy

The Types... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Types...   The Types... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 12:00 am

even lyrics arent dark gothic!! Smile thats even more contradictory!!
Back to top Go down
manufredy
Lucid Reality Member
manufredy

The Types... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Types...   The Types... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 12:01 am

Sam wrote:
linkin park comes under rap rock ...same as limp bizkit,korn(yes..korn),SOAD...etc....n u knw wat progg is a fusion genre...Very Happy...

Fusion genre!!! Shocked I dont agree mate!!!
Back to top Go down
Sam
Sam

The Types... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Types...   The Types... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 12:56 am

it is...courtesy-wiki....Very Happy:P
Back to top Go down
manufredy
Lucid Reality Member
manufredy

The Types... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Types...   The Types... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 1:34 am

I guessed that!! but wikipedia says a lotsa stuff which is hard to believe!!
Back to top Go down
Sam
Sam

The Types... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Types...   The Types... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 2:27 am

my bad thn...Razz
Back to top Go down
metalheadbhat
metalheadbhat

Number of posts : 81

The Types... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Types...   The Types... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 4:09 pm

manu sir is right..... wiki boht kuch fekta hai.... they write things which the hear, not what they know
Back to top Go down
Krammer
Krammer

Number of posts : 58

The Types... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Types...   The Types... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 7:27 pm

And we shouldn't forget that wiki can be editted by anyone!
Back to top Go down
http://sixfeetclosertoheaven.blogspot.com
Sam
Sam

The Types... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Types...   The Types... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 7:59 pm

fu*k wiki thn..!!
Back to top Go down
manufredy
Lucid Reality Member
manufredy

The Types... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Types...   The Types... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 11:42 pm

Smile Thanx.!! fr agreeing!!!

And I forgot one of my most fav band..!! DEATH!! Awesome prog/death metal band.. God drummer.!! Amazing frontman in the form of Chuck..!! One of the first band to propagate Death Metal genre..!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Types... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Types...   The Types... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Types...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HEADBANGERZ :: Introduction :: All about Rock-
Jump to: