HEADBANGERZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Guns N' Roses

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Krammer
Krammer

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Guns N' Roses Empty
PostSubject: Guns N' Roses   Guns N' Roses I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 2:01 pm

Guns N' Roses are an American hard rock band, formed in Los Angeles, California in 1985. The band, led by frontman and co-founder Axl Rose, has gone through numerous line-up changes and controversy since its formation. Guns N' Roses have released five studio albums, two EPs, one live album, and three music video DVDs during its career. The band is currently working on the infamous album Chinese Democracy, which has been in production for over a decade. Once released, the album will be the first original recording from Guns N' Roses since the 1991 releases of Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II.

Guns N' Roses have sold an estimated 90 million albums worldwide, including 39 million in the United States.The band's 1987 major label debut album, entitled Appetite for Destruction, has sold 27 million copies worldwide and reached number one on the United States Billboard 200. In addition, the album charted three Top 10 hits on the Billboard Hot 100, including "Sweet Child o' Mine" which reached number one. 1991's Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II debuted on the two highest spots on the Billboard 200 and have sold a combined 14 million copies in the United States alone.

While glam metal was the leading genre in record sales, video charts and radio airplay, Guns N' Roses offered a grittier, more traditional take on rock music, and they are known for their authenticity.

Current members

* Axl Rose - lead and backing vocals, piano (1985–present)
* Dizzy Reed - piano, keyboards, backing vocals (1990–present)
* Robin Finck - lead guitar (1997–1999, 2000–present)
* Tommy Stinson - bass, backing vocals (1998–present)
* Chris Pitman - keyboards, programming (1998–present)
* Bryan Mantia - drums (2000–present, has been on hiatus since September 2006)
* Richard Fortus - rhythm guitar, backing vocals (2002–present)
* Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal - lead guitar (2006–present)
* Frank Ferrer - drums (2006–present)
Back to top Go down
http://sixfeetclosertoheaven.blogspot.com
metalheadbhat
metalheadbhat

Number of posts : 81

Guns N' Roses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns N' Roses   Guns N' Roses I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 2:19 pm

i thot they were scottish (cz of their dressup)
Back to top Go down
manufredy
Lucid Reality Member
manufredy

Number of posts : 75

Guns N' Roses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns N' Roses   Guns N' Roses I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 2:50 pm

The song patience was a result of a single jam session..!! Cool
Back to top Go down
metalheadbhat
metalheadbhat

Number of posts : 81

Guns N' Roses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns N' Roses   Guns N' Roses I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 3:13 pm

whoa!! cool
Back to top Go down
Krammer
Krammer

Guns N' Roses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns N' Roses   Guns N' Roses I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 7:46 pm

And also, Sweet child o' mine was made after Axle and the others saw Slash playing with his guitar. He was trying something for fun in between a certain jam session and the others liked it so much that they left the other song and started thinking on this one. Its said that Axle came up with the lyrics which were dedicated to his childhood friend and longtime girlfriend and eventual wife!
Back to top Go down
ashish.mendi

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Guns N' Roses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns N' Roses   Guns N' Roses I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 4:22 am

Quote :
his childhood friend and longtime girlfriend and eventual wife!
pretty cool!!
Back to top Go down
Krammer
Krammer

Guns N' Roses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns N' Roses   Guns N' Roses I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 4:20 pm

Yeah, considering the fact thet its not "usual" that such things happen in the West!
Back to top Go down
manufredy
Lucid Reality Member
manufredy

Number of posts : 75

Guns N' Roses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns N' Roses   Guns N' Roses I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 11:52 pm

Its not usual that such things happen in India too.!! never knew Rose was so intense!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Krammer
Krammer

Guns N' Roses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns N' Roses   Guns N' Roses I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 12:00 am

lol..
Vaise, Rose went for other women later in life! Laughing
Back to top Go down
ashish.mendi

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Guns N' Roses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns N' Roses   Guns N' Roses I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 12:29 am

Quote :
lol..
Vaise, Rose went for other women later in life!
abe itne tym tak faithful raha, isnt that enuf(considering their way of lives)???? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Krammer
Krammer

Guns N' Roses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns N' Roses   Guns N' Roses I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 12:34 am

Haan, yeh toh sahi keh raha hai!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guns N' Roses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns N' Roses   Guns N' Roses I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guns N' Roses
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HEADBANGERZ :: The Chit Chat :: The Bands-
Jump to: