HEADBANGERZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Parikrama..

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Krammer
Krammer

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Parikrama.. Empty
PostSubject: Parikrama..   Parikrama.. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 2:00 pm

Parikrama is a Rock and Roll band. They have several live performances and original numbers to their name.

The band was officially formed on June 17, 1991 in New Delhi. The word Parikrama means 'orbital revolutions' in Sanskrit.

The band consists of:

* Nitin Malik lead vocals
* Sonam Sherpa lead guitars
* Saurabh Choudhary guitar
* Subir Malik keyboard, synthesizers
* Chintan Kalra bass guitar, backing vocals
* Srijan Mahajan drums

Accompanied by:

* Dilip Ramachandran drums, percussion
* Shambu Nath tabla, mridangam, percussion
* Imran Khan violins
* Rajat Kakkar percussion

Parikrama has more than 1000 concerts to their name, which have been held all over India in more than forty cities and participated in various international competitions held in India and abroad.[citation needed] They are yet to release a full-length album, though they did release a free multimedia CD of their singles and videos in 2001. The band does not have any policies against their music being copied and distributed .They have made their music available for download on their official website.

The band often fuses Indian classical music instruments like mridangam, tabla and flute with conventional instruments like guitar, drums and keyboards. They have been inspired and influenced by the likes of Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Jimi Hendrix, Allman Brothers and The Doors.

Parikrama performed at Download Festival in Donington in 2007 on the same day as a warm up to Iron Maiden. At this concert Nitin Malik stated that they were there because Iron Maiden had requested the event organisers for them to be on the billing and it was an honour for them to return the favour of Iron Maiden who travelled to Bangalore, India in March 2007.

The band also supported Iron Maiden at the special Clive Burr MS Trust fund concert at Brixton Academy on 24th June 2007, after coming to Maiden's attention at the Bangalore show.

Parikrama is touring all the Indian metros, with Saif Ali Khan.

Parikrama opened for Iron Maiden on Feb. 1st in Mumbai on the first concert of their Somewhere Back In Time World Tour. This was the fourth time they played alongside Iron Maiden.
Back to top Go down
http://sixfeetclosertoheaven.blogspot.com
metalheadbhat
metalheadbhat

Number of posts : 81

Parikrama.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parikrama..   Parikrama.. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 2:15 pm

they r the oldest successful band in india
Back to top Go down
maneetgohil
maneetgohil

Number of posts : 29

Parikrama.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parikrama..   Parikrama.. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 2:23 pm

dis band is awsumm...jst followd dere few sngs aftr listenin 2 its hit "but it rained"....bt aftr listenin 2 vapourize n in d midddle i jst forgot bt it rained...awsum sngs yaar...

chk out dere maiden tour vids on utube...de r simply GOD....i really lykd imran khan n sonam...fuk maan...chk out imran khan on violin ha ha ha....abe its fadu....sahi me feel aa jaegi...

chk out dere site...
http://www.parikrama.com/home.html

n also few of dere Donnington Park maiden tour vids on myspace,...

http://www.myspace.com/parikramaindia

de rock...
Back to top Go down
Krammer
Krammer

Number of posts : 58

Parikrama.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parikrama..   Parikrama.. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 10:01 pm

What also contributes to the awesom-ness of the band is that they have quite of a few Indian instruments that are used in their gigs!
Back to top Go down
http://sixfeetclosertoheaven.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

Parikrama.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parikrama..   Parikrama.. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Parikrama..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HEADBANGERZ :: The Chit Chat :: The Bands-
Jump to: