HEADBANGERZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Megadeth..

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Krammer
Krammer

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Megadeth.. Empty
PostSubject: Megadeth..   Megadeth.. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 12:17 pm

Megadeth is an American thrash metal band led by founder, frontman, guitarist, and songwriter Dave Mustaine. Formed in 1983 following Mustaine's departure from Metallica, the band has since released eleven studio albums, six live albums, two EPs, and two compilations.

As a pioneer of the American thrash metal movement, Megadeth rose to international fame in the 1980s, but were plagued by constant lineup changes, due partly to the band's notorious substance abuse problems. After finding sobriety and securing a stable lineup, Megadeth went on to release a string of platinum and gold albums, including the platinum-selling thrash metal landmark Rust in Peace in 1990 and the Grammy nominated, double-platinum Countdown to Extinction in 1992. Megadeth disbanded in 2002 after Mustaine suffered a severe nerve injury to his left arm, but following extensive physical therapy, Mustaine reformed the band in 2004 and released The System Has Failed, followed by United Abominations in 2007; the albums debuted on the Billboard Top 200 chart at #18 and #8, respectively.

Megadeth is known for a distinctive guitar style, often involving complex, intricate musical passages, and trade off guitar solos. Mustaine is also known for his original "snarling" vocal style, as well as his recurring lyrical themes, often involving politics, war, addiction, and personal relationships.

As one of the most commercially successful heavy metal bands of all time, Megadeth has sold more than 20 million albums worldwide, including six consecutive platinum albums, with seven consecutive Grammy nominations for Best Metal Performance. In their 23 active years, Megadeth has had 20 official members, with Dave Mustaine remaining as the driving force, main songwriter, and sole original member. Megadeth is mentioned as one of the bands among the "Big Four of Thrash," along with Metallica, Slayer, and Anthrax, who were responsible for creating and popularizing the genre in the 1980s.

Band Members:
* Dave Mustaine - guitar, lead vocals (1983–2002, 2004–present)
* Chris Broderick - guitar, backing vocals (2008–present)
* James Lomenzo - bass, backing vocals (2006–present)
* Shawn Drover - drums (2004–present)
Back to top Go down
http://sixfeetclosertoheaven.blogspot.com
manufredy
Lucid Reality Member
manufredy

Number of posts : 75

Megadeth.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth..   Megadeth.. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 3:16 pm

I have a 2 hour documentary over Megadeth's progress in music..!! or Mustaine's progress rather!! Awesome shitt.!! dates back to Mustaine's metallica days..!! must watch!!
Cheers to megadeth!!\m/!!
Back to top Go down
Krammer
Krammer

Number of posts : 58

Megadeth.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth..   Megadeth.. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 3:41 pm

Looks like I'll have a lot of stuff from you when college starts,sir!
BTW, their mascot is Vic Rattlehead. Features on all their albums.
Back to top Go down
http://sixfeetclosertoheaven.blogspot.com
ashish.mendi

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Megadeth.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth..   Megadeth.. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 4:03 pm

i want that toooo bounce
Back to top Go down
metalheadbhat
metalheadbhat

Number of posts : 81

Megadeth.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth..   Megadeth.. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 6:02 pm

the day mustaine left, he said he wud make a band much heavier n thrashing than metallica.... n he did.
Back to top Go down
metalheadbhat
metalheadbhat

Megadeth.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth..   Megadeth.. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 6:05 pm

i once heard on radio that there r only 4 good thrash metal bands: slayer, sepultura, megadeth n metallica (still doubtful). is that true?
Back to top Go down
manufredy
Lucid Reality Member
manufredy

Megadeth.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth..   Megadeth.. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 7:04 pm

Metallica intially played actual thrash!! I loved "kill em all".. It was pure thrash.. After that they started making commercial stuff.. with light songs like "hero of the day", "nothing else matters", "unforgiven" etc (though they were huge hits) they started making more melo stuff rather than thrash stuff. (or rather a mixed assortment of thrash and melo songs). And their last 3 albums have faced a lot of criticism due to absence of solos and metallica signature riffs/thrash style..
They have promised a progg album lately...
Back to top Go down
manufredy
Lucid Reality Member
manufredy

Megadeth.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth..   Megadeth.. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 7:07 pm

the only reason why mustaine made megadeth was to get back at metallica..!! hetfield and Lars had literally kicked him out of the band saying that he was a big nuisance...
One day mustaine was drinking at his newly rented home when he heard sum1 in the neighbourhood playing bass (Pathetic basslines he termed them).. he went to scold his neighbour and ended up making Megadeth with himm..!! (the bassist was david ellefson)!
Back to top Go down
manufredy
Lucid Reality Member
manufredy

Megadeth.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth..   Megadeth.. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 7:08 pm

After magadeth's unsuccesful search for a vocalist for about month, one night mustaine got frustated and got drunk and said..."Fuck everythin, I'm gonna sing"..!! And has lasted ever since!! bounce
Back to top Go down
metalheadbhat
metalheadbhat

Megadeth.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth..   Megadeth.. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 7:12 pm

looks lik bands in DCE shud draw some inspiration.
Back to top Go down
manufredy
Lucid Reality Member
manufredy

Megadeth.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth..   Megadeth.. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 7:17 pm

lol! ...!! get me drunk!!.. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Megadeth.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth..   Megadeth.. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Megadeth..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HEADBANGERZ :: The Chit Chat :: The Bands-
Jump to: