HEADBANGERZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Introduce yourself!!

Go down 
+13
aanchal.s
jason bourne
harvijaydce432k7
varun.thappa
akash
manufredy
Nimish
metalheadbhat
ashish.mendi
maneetgohil
Sam
Krammer
Medhavin
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sam
Sam

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Introduce yourself!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!!   Introduce yourself!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 12:09 am

oh sh*t...n fav artists-blink 182,fall out boy,sum 41,foo fighters,simple plan,rooster,+44,justin timberlake,good charlotte n linkin park....Smile
Back to top Go down
harvijaydce432k7

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!!   Introduce yourself!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 7:12 pm

hey hey hey...
no offence at kurt cobain...
wat i meant was that he wasnt vocally as strong as mariah carey or christina aguilera....but they come from a gospel background so definitely they have better and stronger vocals

but in his genre, kurt was one of the best....in fact, "the man who sold the world" is one of my favourite songs that isnt pop-rock or r&b

i hope no grudges held now......
Back to top Go down
http://www.in.youtube.com/users/harvijay1001
harvijaydce432k7

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!!   Introduce yourself!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 7:19 pm

sakhsham....
by strong vocals i meant that MC and christina aguilera have a more powerful voice, have better control, can hit higher notes(as high as A5 and also G#7 if u include whistle register), MC can go lower than most rockers too(lowest note being G#2), and have a greater voice projection...which is because of their gospel influence..........

Also, even though it isnt so in india...but in other countries, MC and Christina far outsell any rock-act....each of their album sells on an average 9 million copies....

PS: I only wrote these things coz Rockers tend to look down upon these singers....
Back to top Go down
Kshitij_Keys
Lucid Reality Member
Kshitij_Keys

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!!   Introduce yourself!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 8:19 pm

^^ people like these make me loose hope on whether dce will get ne better... No ..
Back to top Go down
death_metal

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!!   Introduce yourself!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 1:22 am

HI guys,
Its Rachit Khanna here
2nd Year electrical
I listen to thrash metal n heavy metal.....
My Fave bands are Metallica,Megadeth,iron maiden,judas priest,bodom.........
Back to top Go down
manufredy
Lucid Reality Member
manufredy

Number of posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!!   Introduce yourself!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 7:57 pm

Kshitij_Keys wrote:
^^ people like these make me loose hope on whether dce will get ne better... No ..
Agreed!!
Back to top Go down
harvijaydce432k7

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!!   Introduce yourself!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 9:12 pm

hullo????
i said that i liked some songs by nirvana didnt i???
its just that this kind of music is not high-priority on my list.....
i joined this society coz i have some love for rock.....

so cut it out already!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kshitij_Keys
Lucid Reality Member
Kshitij_Keys

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!!   Introduce yourself!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 9:52 pm

Dude! U shuldnt comment on things that u dont have enough knowledge about..
where does Range Come in strong vocals? . lets see how good your MC's (lol) can grunt and growl !!!...but then again, why am i even fighting with you??..neways u enjoy ur pop and stuff...im not wasting my time wid u ....
Back to top Go down
harvijaydce432k7

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!!   Introduce yourself!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 11:09 pm

yes range does come in strong vocals...singers w/ a gr8er range find it easier to sing every song.....a singer w/ lesser vocal range would struggle to sing a song completely on key.....

and yeah, end of discussion...me gonna enjoy pop...and me gonna enjoy rock too.... Twisted Evil

PS: MC( which is mariah carey ) is accepted as d best singer world over...so that goes unchallenged....no matter what anybody says...

END OF DISCUSSION
Back to top Go down
manufredy
Lucid Reality Member
manufredy

Number of posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!!   Introduce yourself!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 11:20 pm

I was kinda trying to abstain frm telling u off here... I did it on the community and u r forcing me to it here.. This aint the gaypop lovers club of DCE! this is headbangers.. And ppl actually don't expect to encounter a mariah carrey lunatic here!! And still if u feel that your kinda music is 'rock' music, then I'm sorry we'r nt discussing that kinda 'rock' music here....(All offence intended)..
Back to top Go down
Sam
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!!   Introduce yourself!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 11:41 pm

Quote :
gaypop lovers
...funny:D....lol....n as for mariah...shes a nice singer...n all..but i guess...were not discussin rnb here ...r we...(thts her genre rite..??:O)...neways....chill ppl...

n manu sir...
Quote :
then I'm sorry we'r nt discussing that kinda 'rock' music here....(All offence intended)..
....i listen to pop-rock too..wud u consider tht to as not th kind of rock u guys discuss here...-_-...jus a query...no sarcastic meaning in neway...as it is soundin....
Back to top Go down
Kshitij_Keys
Lucid Reality Member
Kshitij_Keys

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!!   Introduce yourself!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 12:05 am

look...we're not against pop-rock and stuf.....thats ur choice and v respct that...neither do we say that MC is a bad singer. But dont try to compare two different genres of singers and say one is better than the other.. if u dont know abt decent rock music then plz refrain from laughing on the legends!!! and that too on a rock forum!! and yeah MC(which is not mariah carey) surely doesnt come under rock....something like avril might be termed pop-rock tho.
Back to top Go down
harvijaydce432k7

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!!   Introduce yourself!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 12:13 am

look...the only thing dat made me say dis was dat other genres were not being treated fairly....dats all....

And my laughing was at kurt's vocals being strong...nirvana's strength is hypnotizing music and killer lyrics....not strong vocals......and u cant deny dat.....

i completely respect dat.....

and mariah carey is definitely nt rock....

so i hope i have clarified everything....

the case is rested???
Back to top Go down
Kshitij_Keys
Lucid Reality Member
Kshitij_Keys

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!!   Introduce yourself!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 12:25 am

Look...in rock we dont just centralize the whole music on the vocals...we give equal importance to all instruments..and only if you concentrate on the music played by each person in the song would you actually start liking rock... and we dont always look for range in vocals here...we rather care about the energy,the power of the voice.....and sometimes the Distortion In Vocals...like growls and hoarse voices. And mariah Carey might be the best singer in her genre i certainly dont think she can have a place in rock...neways enuf said...This topic does not deserve furthur comments...
Back to top Go down
Sam
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!!   Introduce yourself!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 5:14 pm

Quote :
Look...in rock we dont just centralize the whole music on the vocals...we give equal importance to all instruments..

agreed wth all my behind..[Razz]......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!!   Introduce yourself!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HEADBANGERZ :: The Chit Chat :: Introduce Yourself :: The rock addicts!-
Jump to: